lunes, 24 de octubre de 2016

The Beginning of a Big Journey

Summary

Hazel Grace had cancer and her mother was very worried so she decided to put Hazel in a support group. Hazel hated the idea of going to the support group. One day Hazel arrived and she met a boy named Augustus Waters, this boy was very funny and cute. Hazel really liked him, after making a lot of eye contact the support group ended and Agustus talked to Hazel. He invited Hazel to see a movie in his house. Augustus takes out a cigarette and Hazel was very mad and Augustus told her that if you don't give the power to kill you it don't you it's a metaphor. 







 Quotes

"The Support Group, of course, was depressing as hell." (Page 4)

I like this quote because I think the author expressed a lot how Hazel Grace is feeling. I like that the author use words that I use too such as "hell". I think I would say the same thing because I think the Support Group is depressing because they talked about they are dying and other things. 

"And I've never lit one. It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing." (Page20)

I like this quote because it explains very well the metaphor. I also find it interesting because I would never think about that metaphor. I think that the author expressed very well what he wants to say and he wants the reader to think.


Conclusion

I really enjoy this first chapter, I want to keep reading because I am finding what has in common with the movie and what had different. I enjoy because I can compare and also because I understand what I am reading. 



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario